Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Return of [THANKFUL Thursday]


I haven't written a "Thankful Thursday" in a long time - but I think today is a great day to remind myself (and you!) of all the reasons why I should choose to walk in joy today and everyday! God is so good!
(I got a package in the mail yesterday - thanks, Mom!! - with pictures from our mini family reunion back in August. This is me with all of my siblings! Together again!)

1. I now have THREE sources of steady income. :) They all have to do with childcare and none of them are highly substantial... but I feel like a pretty hard worker nontheless.

2. Living in the city means that everything is much closer together and I'm spending WAY less on gas! Woo hoo!

3. I think I will include "living with the York's" every week... because they all are such a blessing to me. And Josiah is SO fun and cute! AND - Jamie and I are going to start having some women over (mostly from her life group and other ladies from church) on Friday nights to cook! I'm really looking forward to this!

4. I'm just learning so, so much.... the Lord is faithful to my heart.... trust, patience, perseverence... He's continuing to make me more and more into a pure, confident woman.

5. Kerinda & Marty Miller (the family that I nanny for - Gannon and Channing's parents) invited me to come see Tyronne Wells (Kerinda's brother!) with them when he comes to Boise - he's a great musician that I just discovered because Gannon turns on his CD all the time. I am so blessed to work for such an awesome family! I know that their appreciation is sincere.

6. I'm thankful for skype! Whether it's my weekly "meeting" (haha) with Heather and Emily on Monday nights or video chatting with my brother or randomly chatting with another dear friend -- it is just so nice to stay connected with people!

7. I'm thankful to all of the people who read this blog - which truly is a portrayal of my life & my heart in this season - and offer such encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. A thankful heart is a happy heart...way to be thankful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so you know this is the first time i have read your blog in a long time!! lol

    Kyle Power

    ReplyDelete