Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 20, 2010

My New Big-Girl Boots

So I got myself some tall black suede boots this weekend. (I really did try to take some good pictures of them... but with my measly camera phone, I just couldn't do them justice. So you'll just have to imagine)

I was a little nervous... I wasn't sure if I was trendy enough to wear boots that weren't meant for the snow. Or that I would know how to wear them and what to wear them with. (such a dilemma) I decided to take a risk.

But don't worry... the tag is still on them and I have the reciept, just in case. ;-)

I am, in fact, going to be 22 years old soon, and I felt like this was a nice move toward adulthood. Yes, I know that I AM technically an adult.... but I think, as with most everything, it's a transition. (a long one) And one that I'm in the middle of!


When I went downtown with some people from my college group on Friday night I felt so young (I'm not sure why... that's probably some insecurity that I'll have to process through later. But for now, I'll just be excited about boots)... but these boots... oh yes, they make me feel grown up. And maybe a little bit trendy.

The funny thing is... I haven't even worn them out of the house yet. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Since you couldn't get a legit clear picture of the boots with your camera phone, you need to have someone take a picture of you with them on the first time you wear them out, k? :) I'm sure they'll look great on you, and you'll have no problem figuring out what to wear with them!

    Miss you, my trendy, becoming-an-adult manager!
    (PS. I got your message, and I'll try to call you back soon. <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally need to see a pic of these boots :] i know that feeling of "feeling so young" i feel that way all the time!
    i am not sure if i am just not confident in who i am or if i literally just feel young! :]
    let me know when you find out :]
    love you kailene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! I can't wait to see the boots. And by the way, feeling young is a GOOD thing! :) You'll always be a grown up, the challenge is to remember to stay young at heart.

    I've read all your recent blogs but I haven't left many comments...don't know why, but I just wanted to tell you that I still read and enjoy your blog. It's nice to know what you're up to these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I just thought you all should know that I read all of your comments and randomly started crying! (emotional much?!) I feel so loved. Thank you for reading my blog and for being such great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kailene I love reading your blog! Your simple joy & contentment with life always inspires me to look around & see how blessed I am in the little ways. You are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete