Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I love my new job!




For those of you who haven't yet heard - two days after I arrived in Idaho I was hired by a family to watch their kids in the mornings. (EARLY in the mornings... 6:30-9:30am. Plus a few random evenings.) They are a WONDERFUL family!

Today was my third morning watching Channing and Gannon and taking them to school - I love it! Gannon is 3 years old and makes me laugh a lot. He often says to me, "Are you going to stay here forever this day?" (melt my heart, child!) This morning he asked me that and I said, "You're cute, Gannon." He said, "NO I NOT!" So cute. :)

He also loves to turn on music (or the wii!) and dance. I thought we were doing so well today with our morning routine until I went into Gannon's room and he had turned on music and was dancing around his room without any clothes on! (boys will be boys... haha!) I said, "Gannon! It is time to get dressed!" - trying to sound firm. But he could tell I thought he was pretty funny. :)

He also feels the need to repeat after my GPS (Jack) when it gives me directions. He'll be quietly talking to himself in the backseat then... "TURN RIGHT! You're supposed to turn right!" He's such a good helper. :)

Channing is 6 years old and so smart! She's in the first grade and loves to do crafts (which we did BEFORE 7:00 this morning... oh my). I think it's funny that two out of three mornings this week she's asked if she can have candy after breakfast. I respond with, "No, you may not, but thanks for asking." :) I know that she and I are going to be great friends because this is the second day that she's randomly bursted out singing Christmas songs! [Last year my roommate sang Christmas songs just about every other day and we celebrated Christmas/Hanukkah about once a month. It was such a beautiful thing in my life.]

I love doing Channing's hair for school in the mornings... wow - I'm really not used to doing another person's hair! (especially a wiggly 6 year old!) I just barely got the art of doing my OWN hair down like... last year. Well, I'm getting lots of practice in - ponytails, barrettes, ribbons... it's so fun!

Also - Gannon had on Dinosaur pajamas this morning.... since living in Jurassic Park last year, dinosaurs just have a special place in my heart. These sure are some great kids! I'm excited to get connected with this family that loves the Lord and is already so supportive of me. I can tell that this "job" is going to be such a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Kailene!

    I am so excited for all the opportunities you have been presented with!
    Sounds like you are having a blast in your new "job". Sounds like too much fun to be much work. :D

    Brendon

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like such sweet kids...so glad you're enjoying your time with them! :)

    ReplyDelete