Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Monday!!!


[For some reason I just heard that "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!" song that you hear at basketball games in my head when I said, "It's Monday." It's kind of funny, but don't you feel like that at the beginning of some weeks?! Sometimes I just have to give myself a pep talk. :) Here comes the week!]

Today I have NO class! Yay! On the other hand, the REASON I don't have class, is because I have midterms this week... so after 3 major tests and a paper, I'll definitely be ready for the weekend again. :) I have a feeling this will be the first week I'll have to lose sleep over homework. Ahh. I made it so far... oh well, such is the life of a college student, right? (Except MOST college students don't wake up at 5:30 in the morning to make breakfast for two kids and play "Just Dance" on the wii before school starts.... just sayin')

Anyways - to celebrate this day off from school and trying to park at BSU and driving downtown and in an ATTEMPT to enhance motivation in the area of studying and writing a paper on two indigineous people groups in the Arctic Tundra (thrilling, I know.)... I'm spending the day at this AWESOME coffee shop in Eagle called Rembrandts. [rembrandtscoffeehouse.net] If you're ever in town... I will take you here. :) Not only is the coffee/food absolutely delicious, it's in an old chapel and has VERY cool furniture and art, but they also only purchase fair trade/organic coffee from around the world and support local and global needs. To top it all off... I had a giftcard! (I LOVE giftcards! What a treat!)

I also thought I'd share this picture of Josiah, Robbie and Jamie's son - the family that I live with right now. I watched him for a few hours yesterday when Robbie and Jamie were both working at the church. His head is a little blurry because he kept moving; I'm pretty sure he's sticking his tongue out in concentration. I promise I did not teach the child to stand on his toys. But I did take a picture of it... because I think he's pretty talented. And awfully cute. And the best distraction from homework. I love this kid! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment