Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I wish...

I wish I had an allotment of money that I could use to buy plane tickets and travel all over the country every weekend to see my dearly missed friends. I feel like everyone who really knows me lives at least 5 states away.

And... even though it's okay to miss people, I'm feeling a little convicted because I just remembered a conversation I had with Shandi a while ago... "Don't store up treasures on earth -- including people." Yes, I treasure relationships that I have with people, truly, but if I treasure them to the extent that I desire them more than I desire fulfilment in Christ there's an imbalance.

[Teach me to be content, Father. I want to be fully satisfied in you - Wash me in YOUR love!]

So yes, it would be great if I could go to Virginia or Texas or Washington or Kentucky or Oregon or Pennsylvania or Montana or California or Illinois or Florida to be refreshed by these wonderful, blessed relationships... but I don't want to just sit pining away for, well, for whatever I would be pining away for in that situation. I want to be fully content, overjoyed even, with the unconditional love of my Savior.

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: transition is just so WEIRD. I love life, but I really don't understand.

2 comments:

  1. I remember having this same wish when I lived in Virginia. I often remembered something a close friend said to me as we both knew it was the place God had called me to (not necessarily a place I always wanted to be)..."There are people there who are meant to be your friends."

    I believe the same is true for you, Kailene. You are in the place God wants you to be. And, there are people there who are meant to be your friends. God wouldn't lead you there if He didn't already have that in the works. :) And...the friends I made in Virginia are now really like my family. I hope God blesses you with the same.

    Love you my friend!! --Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie - What an encouragement! I will remember that. And I'll change my attitude. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete