Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 20, 2010

I simply LOVE downtown!

On Friday night I went out to eat downtown with some new friends from my college life group at The Pursuit. *Note: This is the FIRST social event that I've partaken in SINCE moving to Boise (w/out Jamie). It was a pretty big deal. I was VERY excited to go out on the town! We went to a restaurant called Bitter Creek... let me just tell you, the food was DELICIOUS! It may have partially been because by the time we finally ate it was pretty late in the evening and I was starving, but the Chicken Pesto sandwich on focaccia bread called "Wiseguy" w/ real Idaho potatoe french fries was taaaaaasty!!! I was very impressed.

I had the privilege of carpooling with Sandy who gave me the grand tour of that area of downtown on our way there... I love it! So many shops and restaurants and cool coffee shops! I will definitely spend more time down there. I didn't even know that part of town existed. (I'm still pretty new here, okay?) And there's a Saturday market! I didn't even know!

This trek downtown reminded me of my random love for restaurants with quaint patio seating and white lights strung overhead. I just think that's so beautiful. As far as I can remember, I've only eaten in one restaurant like this - but it was inside the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN and I was there with some of my youth group for a church youth convention. So that hardly counts. But someday... someday, I'll go to one of those stunning litte restaurants with the pretty white lights. It makes me think of what Italy must be like. (I've never actually been there... so it's just a personal theory I have...) So romantic and peaceful. Heck, why settle? Someday I'll just go to Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment