Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday #3

Gosh, another alliteration... I'm gettin' good at this!

*I was planning on posting pictures... but I left my phone at my brother's apartment. So I'll do that later. Oh well!

1. WEDDING WEEK IN CALI! That's a big bundle of thankfulness all wrapped up in one. :) I've got family that I haven't seen in 6+ months, friends, summery weather, gaining a sibling, decorating for a beautiful wedding, late night talk w/ my brother who will be a married man in 48 hours... whew!

Need I even say more?!

And yet, my heart CONTINUES to be thankful...

2. I'm thankful for a firm foundation of truth and the choice to not be a crazy, stressed, frazzled mess.

3. I'm thankful for the TRUTH that says that I am loved. I'm forgiven. I'm set free. I'm confident in Jesus' Name. I'm wrapped in my Heavenly Father's arms.

4. I'm thankful for a short vacation and time to get away from the crazyness of "everyday"..... really, just trading one kind of crazyness for another. Preparing for a wedding is insane. And I'm not even doing all that much.

5. I'm thankful for dear friends who I know will support me and encourage me and love me when it's my turn to be the bride.

6. I'm thankful that the condition of my heart is not swayed by the whims of people around me or the circumstances I find myself in. HE guards my heart and covers me in the peace that passes all understanding.

7. I'm thankful that I have the Word of God written on my heart. Even though I lost my Bible. :(

8. I'm thankful that a friend is working on my car while I'm out of town.

9. I'm thankful for how much homework I've gotten done and for understanding professors.

10. I'm thankful that even if I don't get ALL of my homework done to the standard that I would like to get it done.... I will still be okay. Life goes on. My brother's getting married. I will do my best and that's all I can do. There's grace. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment