Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Plan. [and then what actually happens]




Ha! So true.
Story of my life.
*http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-g-uk/3534199078/
Sometimes transitions come with plenty of notice and time to prepare and plan and pray for the change that lies ahead. Other times, the course of our lives change in only a matter of moments and we have no chance to make decisions or offer our two cents as to how things should turn out.

Regardless of the process or cause of transition, I am confident that God is in the midst of it all and nothing - NOTHING - surprises Him.

I can spend hour upon hours of intentional list making and praying and processing, only to come up with a faulty plan. Or better yet, nothing at all. 

It amazes me when the perfect plan seems to fall into place even though it was so obviously not out of my own doing (organizing, preparing). Even when this happens in subtle ways, they are everyday reminders of the Lord's faithfulness and sovereignty. 


What does it mean to truly walk by faith?

 Yes, there is wisdom in planning and seeking wise counsel. It is good to be prepared for what may come. Gathering information and ruling out options is an important part of making a decision. 

But the reality is, I am NOT in control. As much as I sometimes think I want control, ultimately, I want what God has planned for my life.

You can only run a marathon one step at a time. And sometimes there are twists and turns that get in the way of seeing the finish line.

You can only climb a mountain by putting one foot in front of another. And sometimes there is a layer of fog that hinders your view of the top.

I will do what I can do, and then move aside to allow God to do what only He can do.

Really, this is all about LETTING GO...


  • Of the way I think things should be...
  • Of what makes sense...
  • Of trying to live the same life as everyone around me...
  • Of planning every moment of every day... and then being frustrated when things don't work out that way...
  • Of my preconceived ideas...
  • Of my strong will... (Yes, I have free will. It's the strong, stubborn will that gets in the way of what God is doing in me that I have a problem with.)
  • Of my dreams... holding them in my hands with open palms to allow God to mold them...

So in the midst of this life planning phase, preparing for major changes, making decisions... I'm letting go of all of ME, and holding onto all of YOU, Jesus. Because really, my life is all about You anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment