Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Keep Calm and... Drink Some Tea.

*New life motto!

In relation to the past several posts about stress and overwhelmedness and livin' the crazy life... what do you do when all that stuff doesn't work? Sure, it sounds good and might even be necessary to stay healthy and sane. But then reality hits and the 23984723894 items on your ever-growing to do list remain unchecked and sleep evades you and oh yeah, the car didn't magically fix itself.

What then, huh?!

Well, drink tea.

I typically choose mint tea, but any kind will work. Take your pick.

The point: carry on. Life will go on, whether we are ready or not. So just keep living and "keep the main thing, the main thing."

This is a lesson that I learned from one of my Project Directors on my trip to Panama this summer. She taught - and continues to teach - me about not giving up. Not ever, no matter what happens. She taught me to set my mind on what I was going to do and then GO. DO. IT. She taught me to stop listening to what other people thought I was capable of and push through the limitations that I had even set for myself. She taught me to forget my fears, my anxiety and keep moving forward.

The enemy wants us to be discouraged... our growth to be stunted... drained of energy and passion.

Not me.

I will keep moving forward.

I will not give up ever, no matter what. I will keep calm - even at the prospect of another crazy week - and just enjoy this cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment