Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Morning Musings

I found a little *gem* of a verse this morning. A verse that I don't remember ever hearing before, but stood right out to me packed full of truth and grace. Thank you, Jesus.


"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, Oh Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18-19

When I feel like I'm falling... His love supports me.

When I feel anxious and fearful... his comfort brings me joy.

[Dictionary.com]
Consolation: the act of consoling comfort; solace; relief; compassion; encouragement

Notes from Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, by Joanna Weaver:

"A life filled with fear has little room left for faith."

"Worry is allowing problems and distress to come between us and the heart of God. It is the view that God has somehow lost control of the situation and we cannot trust Him. A legitimate concern [rather] presses us closer to the heart of God and causes us to lean and trust on Him all the more." (Gary E. Gilley)

"...instead of worrying, we need to focus on discerning what we can do (with God's help) and what should be left entirely up to God."

"...fretting magnifies the problem, but prayer magnifies God."

It rained this morning. Everything is crisp and fresh and lovely. Thank you, God, that your mercies are new every day. Your love never fails me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey guess what? We're halfway through the semester. I feel like I've been playing catch up the whole time BUT I'm maintaining B's so okay. Halfway there. Then my husband suggested we go check out a new Lifegroup. I started to panic because I need to study for a test but took a deep breath, mentally rearranged some priorities & figured it out. THEN he told me they were working through a book and I thought "more homework". I stepped away from my desk. And cried. But then I started praying and God calmed my heart & spirit and immediately I recognized time that is easily accessible for one more small thing that will nourish the important areas of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I love that we're half way through the semester. I don't think I'm even maintaining B's... but I'm doing my BEST. And "best" starts with B, so that's pretty much the same thing. Or at least, 2 C's and 2 A's - and that averages out to a B. ;-) We'll see.

    I totally understand needing to step away and cry when things get overwhelming. I have been there a few times in the past couple weeks. My linguistics professor always says, "this too shall pass." So true.

    ReplyDelete