Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pay Heed to Those Little Lessons

I am firm believer that there is something we can learn in just about every situation. Whether a life changing epiphany or a minor everyday realization. We always have MORE to learn, and we might as well take every opportunity to soak up new wisdom, and understanding of grace & love.

Those subtle opportunities for growth or gaining greater understanding may come and go without a second thought. When we pass by them, they're essentially meaningless. Truth not accepted and taken to heart does little to transform a life.

If you haven't been able to discern from my last several posts, life has been completely crazy lately. I could write a long list outlining the craziness, but I'll spare you. Just take my word for it. INsane. By the middle of last week I was so exhausted I wanted to cry. If I even thought for 5 seconds about that long list of craziness - and how much of it I was yet to complete - my eyes filled with tears. It was just a natural reflex. I was emotionally, mentally, and physically SPENT.

Also - I knew I was going into a hectic weekend watching the kids with no break.

Friday night after the kids went to bed I made chamomile tea, put the fireplace on (my favorite!), and just had some peaceful, quiet, relaxing, alone time. An introvert's heaven.

When I woke up Saturday morning at 5:57 (I told Gannon that he couldn't get out of bed until the clock read six, zero, zero.), I felt more rested than I have in a long time. It was the first thing I noticed - I didn't feel groggy or sick or grumpy or weary or frazzled or weak. (which, unfortunately, had been the norm)

I quickly made the correlation to how I spent a few hours the night before. I know that I am introverted, which just means that I get energy from being alone, rather than with other people. It is crucial that I have "downtime" to recoup and reenergize, otherwise I am just depleted of energy very quickly - which affects my emotions, mental capacity, and physical energy. aka - every other area of my life.

Paying heed to that correlation is a reminder that if I don't plan for time to be refreshed the way that I receive it best, everything else will suffer. Yes, the Lord will provide strength and sustenance, but I need to use wisdom, too. I saw how greatly that time alone affected me; the "lesson" is only effective if I choose to pay heed and apply it continuously.

------------------------------------------------

Have you been paying attention to the subtle lessons to be learned from every situation?

What lessons have you learned or experienced lately that you need to apply?



No comments:

Post a Comment