Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, October 26, 2012

Forgetful Friday?

I had a looong day yesterday. It was GREAT, just long. By the time I got home and finished a phone call, I went to bed. (meaning, I sat in bed with my laptop for 40 minutes trying to figure out the best way to get a plane ticket without spending my whole life savings. but that's another story.) Before I fell asleep I remembered.... Today is Thursday. And I didn't post Thankful Thursday!

So today is "Thankful Thursday" on "Forgetful Friday." Ha! So clever. ;-)

Except, I don't know that I will even be able to come up with words to describe the kind of thankfulness I feel today. It's a lot.

1. God knew I needed rest this week and I unexpectedly had a couple days off! I got some extra sleep, FINALLY felt mostly caught up on school work (i.e. Finished assignments a day or two in advance, rather than at 11:59. I felt so responsible.), and had plenty of time to journal. I was ready to press on through another week, but it wasn't looking too great with another busy weekend ahead. God knows what we need exactly when we need it.... and I'm so thankful for that!

2. Gosh, I am BEYOND blessed by the incredible people God has put in my life. I went to sleep last night feeling encouraged and refreshed after a couple hours journaling at my favorite coffee shop, a great time with the girls in my discipleship group, the perfect timing of a conversation with a dear friend, a surprise phone call from another sweet, long-distance friend, and a simple encouraging text before I went to sleep. It's pretty obvious that my love language is about a million percent words of affirmation, because after all that I felt pretty amazing. I so appreciate genuine, transparent relationships -- they help me to grow and become more like Christ, just in those simple conversations. 

3. Um, on a slightly less deep/spiritual note, I am loving the fact that peppermint mocha coffee creamer is out in the grocery stores! Woo hoo! Christmas is right around the corner. (I'm obviously not one to stick to the day after Thanksgiving rule...)

4. Snow in the mountains this week! Ski season is also quickly approaching... I love snow almost as much as I love Christmas, which is a whole lot!

Just take it all in, all of those things that make you see how blessed you really are. I could give you a much longer list of concerns/questions/fears/struggles in my life... but why dwell on that list when I have this list?! There is every reason to be full of joy today.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about Christmas coming up! It seems like the time of year where we all have child-like joy... and seriously, what could be better than that?! :)

    I am definitely thankful that Jesus knew I would need a lighter homework load this week... so that I could get a cold! Haha. Seriously, I have a cold right now, but I'm feeling so blessed to have a light load of homework (still stuff to do, but big projects over!) I hope you feel rested and ready for Monday! I'm bummed we haven't gotten to hang out this week, I'm sure I'll be healthy next week! :)

    Anyway.... this comment got long, haha. Hope you're having a lovely Saturday!

    ReplyDelete