Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thankful Thurs! [better late than never]

Whew, I made it! I was just succombing to the reality that I'm not going to get much farther on my paper tonight, therefore, I'm done with homework... getting ready for bed... getting ready for my day tomorrow... and when I titled my to-do list "Thursday," I realized I forgot to post "Thankful Thursday" today! That's okay, though, because it's still Thursday. At least it is in Idaho, which is where I am, so that's the time zone that counts.

Oh my. So much to be thankful for.

... seeing God continually work in my life. Sometimes I surprise myself by how I respond in a situation because it's not how I used to respond. Then I realize that my responses are different because I have GROWN. God is so faithful. I am not who I once was, by His grace alone.

... a commitment-free night tonight! I was able to go to the gym after class for the first time in too long to confess. :) I enjoy working out, but I have had ZERO time recently and have struggled making my health a priority. It felt great to go exercise.

... the peace of God that transcends all understanding.

... the eventful (for Boise) rain and wind storm the other day that reminded me of when I lived in east Texas.

... scarves, boots & cardigan sweaters. Ah, I just love dressing for cold weather.

... the drastic change in colors all over Boise - such beautifully vibrant reds, yellows and oranges. I am in awe.

... a much needed conversation with a dear friend in which I had a crucial realization about my life. Thankful for clarity and healing and moving forward. Again, God is just so faithful.

... getting excited about plans for next summer. Praying about WHERE God wants me to go for a month with Global Expeditions. Beyond excited!

... speaking of traveling, it must just be in my veins -- just came back from five days in California, going to Portland in December, planning a trip to Texas at some point in the next 4 months or so, Hawaii in June, mystery country (Panama??) in July. I just hope this year is a picture of what my life will look like. :)

... excited to start meeting with a group of girls at BSU! Praying for wisdom & direction.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
What are you especially THANKFUL for today?
 
Take a minute to think about it. Acknowledge God for who He is and how He has blessed you. It does a heart a TON of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment