Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weird, weird, weird...

Well hello again. :)
It's nice to be back in blog world... I was really starting to love writing everyday.

It's also nice to be back in BOISE.
As I mentioned on Friday, I made a quick road trip to Las Vegas this weekend to see a friend get married and visit some family (Aunt, Uncle + Cousins). You can check out my vacation pictures here: Weekend in Vegas Pictures. I met up with a good friend, Brianna, in eastern Idaho and we drove the 10ish hours south to Vegas together. We were both INCREDIBLY blessed by my family there! It was so fun to see them and get a quick tour of this wild and crazy city. I will never again complain of traffic in Boise. That was a nightmare! I told Bri that once we got to the resort we were going to park the car and not move it the rest of the trip because driving in that city made me want to cry. I felt much better once we arrived safe and sound, showered, and ate some ice cream.

Now it's back to non-vacation life, which is just weird. (hence my silly title for this post) Do you ever stop to think about life and get overwhelmed by how strange it all is?! I sure do. Probably more often than I'd like to admit. I generally feel like there are 9842345533 things that I'm supposed to do in one day. Then there's prioritizing - trying to figure out which one of those 9842345533 things I should do first, second, third, and so on. It's a little crazy that I still feel like that even though I'm out of school... I've been on vacation twice since then and I still don't think it's really sunk in that I'm not in school. I've been so busy! Maybe I just need a couple days to rest, read, cook, drink coffee, go for a hike... just do something I love rather than something just to feel good about accomplishing an item on a list. That's one of the many downfalls to my natural way of thinking - it's hard for me not to find my worth in how much I do. Another downfall, I tend to freak out when my life isn't structured and I don't know what the future looks like. So it appears there are many "downfalls" and probably stupid lies/fears that I need to knock out of my system.

God is not a God of chaos or confusion but of PEACE. Even when life is weird, I will rest in His peace.

2 comments:

  1. so hard to remember sometimes.... He is a God of PEACE. yes. we must rest in this and KNOW that He is good. and KNOW that we cannot make it on our own. anddddd REJOICE in knowing that His burden is LIGHT :] and that He wants us to DELIGHT in Him to find true happiness in this life.
    looove youUUU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tresbien! Such an encouragement... thank you for speaking TRUTH!!! I love you, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete