Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In Need of Peace

... It's been over an hour since I typed that title... and God has already provided peace. wow. I was overwhelmed with anxiety and now I'm overwhelmed with God's perfect timing and provision. It's 12:20 and I have to wake up in 5 hrs - then I'll be working from 6:30am-4:30pm! (So this will be short.)

I clearly need to change the direction this post was headed in... and I think I'll just focus on thankfulness.

- I'm going on an unexpected, quick trip to Las Vegas this weekend and I was worried about money/hotel/etc... I got on facebook (thank you social networking!) tonight after life group and RANDOMLY saw that my aunt, uncle, and cousins are all going to be there this weekend, too AND have room for us to stay in their time share at a resort! I am beyond blessed. Plus, I feel much safer going to that city knowing that my family will be there. wow.

- I have wonderful, amazing, fabulous friends. Gosh, I'm just so grateful for friends who understand me and turn me to Jesus constantly. I love that after being with them I'm reminded to seek FIRST the Kingdom of God. What a God-glorifying relationship.

- I have awesome housemates. :) I'm so completely grateful for Robbie, Jamie, Sarah and even Josiah.... I definitely feel supported and encouraged.

- I have a job! I'm working a lot of extra hours this week and that will be VERY beneficial come pay day.

- God speaks to me. I love that I prayed tonight on my way home from life group that God would SPEAK to me and He did. I pray that my eyes and ears and HEART would always be open to receive from Him and I would be obedient in my response.

No comments:

Post a Comment