Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, May 2, 2011

Refresh.

Just want to post a few quick thoughts:
I am so incredibly thankful for a little refreshment every now and then. Refreshment looks different to everyone, but I fully believe that God knows each little significant touch that will refresh each of us individually. Today those "touches" for me have been: Obedient kids, Kerinda bought me dinner, time at a coffeeshop, a great deal on something that I've been wanting for a while (Timbuk2 messenger bag on ebay for $20!), a nice phone call with my momma, surprisingly feeling caught up in school (except for reading... but I've kind of lost hope in that area. I've come to terms with that.), and a good attitude. It's just been a great day and having a good attitude and actually recognizing these little "touches" as blessings from God definitely raises the level of refreshment.

It's all about what you choose to focus on. Are your eyes open to see the blessings are are you too focused on what you lack (sleep, time, friends, money, etc)? Just look around. You can see God in it all.

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Psalm 23:1-2

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5

No comments:

Post a Comment