Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, May 20, 2011

Back in Beautiful Boise

Honestly, I think that Oregon is more beautiful than Boise... I just wanted to use another alliteration. :)

I was seriously blown away when I drove into the gorge on Monday by the many shades of GREEN! It was wonderful! Also - I spent as much time as possible taking the back roads to and from my grandparent's house this week. The rolling hills, vineyards, tall trees, bright blue sky... ah! breathtaking.

Well, as stated above, I've returned to Boise. I left Tigard this morning at 7:45 (after a tasty breakast, made by Lindsay Horne) and made it home by 4:00, which was just enough time to shower and head over to the Miller's to watch Channing and Gannon. What a day. What a WEEK! Unfortunately, I don't have much time to rest in the next week and a half.

-------
Sister - Dawn, Mom, Auntie

I remember Heather, my house leader my second year at Teen Mania, would always tell us that there was a reason why we were all in that house together. (There was 18 of us. For real.) She encouraged us to be INTENTIONAL and not waste the year... we all had something to offer each other. The same is true of family, but probably thought of less often. There is a reason why I have a sister and brothers and nephews and cousins and aunts and parents and grandparents. We all have a special place in each other's lives... for a REASON. I think it's easy to become more disconnected as I grow older and move away, but I do not want that to happen. I need to be intentional with relationships in my family, too. It may be harder... we carry around a different, more personal kind of emotional baggage... but there is purpose. Healthy relationships are so rewarding.
My brother - Kyle and me

No comments:

Post a Comment