Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Short + Sweet

This is going to be QUICK because it's 1:53am Portland time, which is 2:53am Boise time, which means I am exhausted! I have been going strong all day... this tiredness really just hit me in the last few minutes.

What an eventful day! I had a safe and unexciting drive to Portland. I was a little surprised to wake up to snow/sleet outside... we checked tripcheck.com and saw there was potentially nasty weather in the mountains... so I borrowed Robbie's truck for the week - just to be on the safe side. I discovered I really like driving a truck, which is not necessarily something I would assume about myself. ha! :) Six hours on the road and I only stopped once for gas. I must take after my Dad in the "we're only stopping for emergencies" sense. Normally, I enjoy stopping at rest stops and getting fun road trip snacks, etc... but for today I was just ready to GET here. I had a delicious dinner at Red Lobster with my Dad, visited with some family friends, then came to my grandparent's house and hung out with my mom and brother until they both fell asleep. Tomorrow we're all going to the beach - my favorite place! I'm so excited!

Well. I'd better get as much sleep as possible to fully kick off my jam-packed 3 days at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment