Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 3 of Vacation

I was incredibly difficult to get out of bed this morning... but I have so little time in Oregon this week, I don't want to waste a minute! I didn't blog yesterday, I know, but you'll have to have a little grace on this "a post a day" summer goal of mine... I'm on vacation. It's okay - this week is abnormal. Next week I'll be back into the swing of things. (Whatever that even means.)

Today is a beautiful day in the Northwest! I had a wonderful time chatting with my Aunt Terri and drinking coffee this morning. I drove the back roads there and back, wore my sun glasses, and listened to country music. (Clearly, living with Jamie has influenced my music choice... and it just felt right, driving in the country and listening to country music. haha) Yesterday, I went to the beach with my grandparents, mom + brother. We stopped for a minute at the beach, ate a delicious lunch at Mo's, had a very successful shopping trip at the outlet mall (thanks, mom!)... but then it rained... so we got ice cream cones and headed home. Typical Oregon coast! After a pizza dinner at home, I met up with two friends from high school (Lindsay + Taylor - we missed you, Benita!). We went to Rose's Deli for dessert... yummy cheesecake! It was so nice to catch up with such great friends. Today, my mom and I are driving down to Eugene to have a girl's night with my older sister and Aunt. So looking forward to a fun dinner!

Something I've been thinking about since being home: Trusting the Lord requires talking the talk AND walking the walk. It's not just about saying the right things, but actually thinking and acting in a way that reflects truth. God provides, so I'm going to be generous and not anxious. His plans for my future are GOOD, so I'm not going to worry about it or build up my own idea of what I'm supposed to be doing. He has provided things in life for my enjoyment, so I'm going to slow down to enjoy the little things that bless me everyday.

1 comment:

  1. haha, Kailene, I love that you're listening to country! I listen to it a lot now that I'm back at home, also in the country. It's perfect for the sunny drives to and from work. :)
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Oregon! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete