Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, May 16, 2011

Packing for Portland Post

(I like alliteration. haha)

It's currently 1:08 in the morning and I'm leaving for Portland in 8 hours. Oh yeah, and I still need to pack. My mom would think this is hilarious - I used to get so excited about traveling I would pack WEEKS in advance. I still get excited; I'm just a little bit more absent-minded. Today after church I was standing with a group of friends and suddenly realized (and exclaimed aloud) that I get to see my MOM tomorrow! :)

Today was a great day, except I'm not sure why the weather turned cold again! It was in the 40s and rainy. I don't doubt that Portland will look like that all week... even at the beach. Oh well. This week at home is going to FLY by... unfortunately, I'll hardly be able to see anyone because I have such limited time! Definitely looking forward to seeing my family, though... I haven't been as homesick as I was a few points this semester since my first year in Texas. I haven't been home since Christmas and I am VERY much looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to a nice 6 hr drive through eastern Oregon by myself to think, pray, and sing as loudly as I want. :) I'm introverted and definitely appreciate my "alone time." I've been SO insanely busy the past few weeks wrapping up the semester that I know my "alone time" has been lacking... and it definitely wears on me. So it'll be great to be by myself. That's how I get energy.

I'd just like to end with... God's peace really does pass all understanding, and I'm grateful for that. He understands my heart, even when I don't, and he brings me just what I need at just the right time. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment