Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, May 13, 2011

School's out... for the SUMMER!

First of all... Shoot, I am SO glad it's summer! I could probably cry. tears of joy. and thankfulness. I slept until almost 10:00 this morning and it felt WONDERFUL! For the most part, it was a great week of finals. I feel very confident about 3 classes and very not confident about 1 class. Worst case scenario, I retake it. Oh well. (wow, my perspective has changed drastically from yesterday.) I applied for a job at a nearby daycare that my friend, Christina, also works at. They hired someone the day after I put in my application and are not planning on hiring anyone else. I'm meeting with Kerinda tomorrow to hash out a summer schedule for nannying. After that I'll decide if I want to keep looking for a 2nd job or just leave it as is. I'm sure I'll be able to fill my time with other things... hiking, soccer, camping, reading, sitting by the pool, etc. I think I'll manage. ;-) I'm driving to Portland on Monday to visit friends/family for the week. I haven't been home since Christmas... which is pretty funny to me. I went home more frequently when I was in Texas. I can't wait to see my Momma!!! I really am just looking forward to the peacefulness of summer. Next semester I'm taking 15 credits and it will be a LOT of work. My schedule is packed. So it's okay to have a time of rest. I have to remind myself that sometimes.

I'm reading a great book right now by Paul Miller called "A Praying Life." I'm getting a lot out of it that I want to process through more and blog what I'm learning... but I'll save that for another time. I'll keep this short and sweet because I'm getting ready to head out to Uswirl - this awesome frozen yogurt place - with my friend, Jake.

1 comment:

  1. Yay...congratulations on finishing this first year strong! :) So proud of you. Will be praying for you as you figure out what your summer looks like.

    ReplyDelete