Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, May 23, 2011

Ahh... what a day.

Gannon was really confused when I got to their house this morning at 6:30. He said, "What are you doing here?" I told him that mom is leaving for work soon. Then he exclaimed, "Well, that was a short naptime! It's already morning?!" ha! Man, that kid kept me laughing all day today. This afternoon he made a fort in the living room with 4 kitchen chairs and about 10 blankets. (I think he completely stripped his bed.) He was SO excited about his creation and pleaded with me to go in it: "PLEASE, Miss. Kaween. Pleeeeease come in my tent!" I told him that I couldn't because it was too small for me. He got this cute grin on his face and said, "Pleeeease! It can be a date!" Oh my word! I was laughing so hard. I remember this adorable

I watched the kids from 6:30am-4:30pm. It was a looong day! But so wonderful. They were awesome... and I made delicious black bean tacos for lunch (for myself. Gannon wouldn't eat something like that. He decided to stick with plain old mac n cheese.) AND finished a book I was reading. awesome.

The best part of this day is that I was home by 5:00 and STAYED home. (Not only that, but I plan on being in bed in less than and hour.) I love being home in the evenings. I made a delicious dinner (which I honestly haven't done in a long time) - angel hair pasta, chicken, corn, peas and cheesy toast. It's pretty much my signature dish. :)

All in all, I am very much looking forward to this summer. Time to rest, think, study the Word, build relationships... it was so nice today to just read a book that I want to read and not have a thousand other things to worry about for classes. I need to take advantage of this time and soak it in. Be refreshed. Sometimes that's hard for me... help me to trust YOUR purposes, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment