Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, October 27, 2011

[Thankful Thoughts]

This morning I'm thinking about thankfulness and I'm thinking about my thoughts.... and how thankfulness positively affects my thoughts, which positively affects my attitude and actions. It's so simple really. (coming from someone who overcomplicates most of my life!)

What are you thankful for today?

Today I am thankful for TRUTH.
I'm reminded of Global Expedition's declaration of a world changer:
{this is what I desire for my life!} 


Today, I will live honorably through my thoughts, actions, and speech. I choose to be full of faith; I will not only be a hearer but a doer of the Word of God. I will serve before I demand, I will love and not hate, and I will give before I take. Today, I choose to make a difference in this world and to be a part of something bigger than myself. I choose to dedicate my life to prayer and ask God for His miraculous power and the courage to do the impossible. I will make Godly relationships a priority in my life as I esteem others higher than myself. Today, I will live my life in such a way that I will Change the World.

I know that God is in control and He holds my life in His hands... so I can place my trust FULLY in Him.
His love for me will never fail; it is not based on my merit or belief or demeanor.
The JOY of the Lord is my strength, regardless of my circumstances.
 
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
 
I'm thankful for the beautiful fall weather and the changing colors of the trees. I'm thankful for a wonderfully supportive and encouraging community of friends and family. I'm thankful for two awesome days in a row watching Channing and Gannon - I'm inspired by Channing's faith. I'm thankful for a moment of peace. I'm thankful for wisdom. I'm thankful for who God made me and who He IS making me into. I'm thankful that even when lies creep into my mind, I can stand on the Truth. I'm thankful that it will be Thanksgiving in four weeks - and I'll be spending the holiday at HOME with my family for the first time in 5 years!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for this post! I always enjoy reading your blog/talking with you/spending time with you because you have such a heart for God. I always leave feeling refreshed and peaceful. Such a good reminder of what mindset we are supposed to have every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted on the things I am thankful for yesterday :]

    ReplyDelete