Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I think it's a list kind of day!

1. It's rainy and getting a little chilly outside - I love it! Definitely ready for winter to be here. Time to get out sweaters and scarves and carmel apple cider!

2. I am about to head to a class that I am NOT prepared for - I don't love that so much! But really it just makes me smile, because this experience fits nicely along with the exact thing that God has been teaching me. I've always said that I learn through repetition and hearing something over and over again... I guess this is just an example of that. Another reminder that my identity is not found in what I do or how well I do it; God's love is not based on earthly measurements of success/failure; and I need to stop worrying about what other people think! Lord, please PLEASE help me learn this lesson soon!

3. I overslept this morning... and now I just want to take a nap.

4. I don't normally have a "verse of the day," but I thought it would be a good idea for today. This is the truth I'm clinging to: Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

5. Between yesterday and today my blog traffic has SKYROCKETED! I've had over 100 views. I wonder if this has anything to do with the big news I shared...  ;-) 

3 comments:

  1. That's funny! I'm excited about the cool weather too, which is not normal for me. We totally talked about identity last night at student venture. It was very cool to see some students GET it. It's something I'm still learning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Caramel apple cider for the win. Hands down favorite.

    2. I love Zeph 3:17. It definitely speaks peace and joy to me right now.

    3. Your traffic may have skyrocketed because it's spreading just how awesome you are and that your posts are always so encouraging and real :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome!!

    [Thanks for commenting]

    ReplyDelete