Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, October 14, 2011

MORE Than Conquerers!

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No in all these things we are MORE than conquerers through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39

-----------------------------------------------

Doesn't that make you excited?! These verses just now came to mind as I sat down to write... because it makes me EXCITED that God truly works all things together for the good of those who love Him and that no trouble or stress or terrible situation or unthinkable tragedy could EVER separate me from the love of my heavenly Father.  

I think I'm in a new season... well, I guess I know I am. The first six-ish weeks of school were incredibly difficult, yet fruitful. I've had a few extra days off from school + work to play catch up. I dropped a class, which opened up my schedule. I struggled fervently through that specific refining process that I was in (and will continue to be in different ways) and then I saw breakthrough! I saw the lies and the fear and decided to move beyond it - this brought me to a new understanding of what it truly means to trust the Lord. I knew I needed to make some kind of change fast when I realized I was putting so much trust in other people that I would follow them before I even considered seeking the Lord. Ouch! BUT - the Lord is GOOD and GRACIOUS and I am made new!

There is HOPE. For we know that in the midst of those struggles and hardships... that is not the end! We are MORE than conquerers, which means we will come out on the other side of the struggle and hardship by the grace of God. His love never leaves us. No matter how distant you may feel. He is ALWAYS by your side and pulling you through.

1 comment: