Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, October 23, 2011

So Much to Say!

Well... I think I'll write another list, because I have so much to say today!

1. Yesterday was extremely relaxing and JUST what I needed! It consisted of morning Bible Study with some wonderful friends, soup + BSU football game at Jake's house, went to the ski shop to buy his new ski boots, carved pumpkins [see photo below], cooked dinner together - delicious pasta w/ italian sausage, a LOT of peppers and ragu sauce, talked on his front porch, went home and spent time w/ Robbie, Jamie & Josiah - they just got back from vacation, then went to bed on time.

Mine is on the left and Jake's is on the right... he named his Larry. I think mine looks like it's laughing! :)
2. I loved yesterday because it was random and spontaneous and restful. I realized on Friday that I'm getting frustrated with my tendency/need to fill up every single moment of every single day with something that I have to do. It makes me tired. There are times when I really enjoy being busy and having a full day... but it must not be right now. I want relationships to be a priority, but I don't want them to be a chore. I don't want to feel guilty for taking the time to take care of myself - eating healthy meals (generally takes longer than microwaved food/fast food/not eating at all), exercising, going to bed on time. I want to have down time where I can just relax at home and watch a movie or go for a walk in the park or actually sit down and WRITE something. (I bought a website domain in August with the intention of writing devotionals... and I haven't done ANYthing with it.)

3. I just bought a plane ticket for my dear friend, Nicole's, wedding in January! So excited! I'm kind of an a roll with plane tickets... one a week for the past three weeks! I love traveling and visiting family and friends. :)

4. Halloween is next weekend... this is usually not a monumental holiday for me. I'm not against Halloween as far as fun parties, dressing up, and trick-or-treating. I'm just not real big on party games/dancing, wearing crazy costumes, or even candy. I'm more of a CHRISTMAS kind of person. :) Well, CRU is having a big Halloween party next weekend and you can't be the one who DOESN'T dress up because then you'll definitely stand out. One of the differences between Jake and me is that I will dress up in a subtle costume, with no hope of winning the costume contest, but he would wear some big-crazy-definitely-gonna-stand-out kind of costume. :) I told him yesterday that we have different perspectives of what "awesome" means as far as what we should dress up as... haha. It's okay, I think we'll work through these differences. ;-)

If you have any easy duo costume ideas - let me know!

5. We're supposed to have our first big freeze this week! There's a 'special weather statement' and everything. Little known fact about me: I am fascinated by weather. I'm pretty excited for the cold weather to settle in. Winter is coming! :) 

6. Perfectionism = legalism. There is no freedom there. I'm learning to fully surrender every notion of who I think I am supposed to be and truly live in the grace of God and walk in FREEDOM. I am doing my best and that's all I can do. My identity is found in Jesus and NOT my success in school or what people think of me. Those things don't matter.

Praying for an eternal perspective and confidence to be bold!

1 comment:

  1. I had a hard time with costumes this year too! I've never had to do duo costumes ;) So we're going to be captain hammer and penny from dr. horrible's sing a long blog. No one is going to know who we are but whatever. Plus, I'm a notorious go all out for costumes kind of person and penny's in just normal clothes. So it's interesting for me. I do get to wear a wig though!

    ReplyDelete