Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, October 10, 2011

Some Much Needed Refreshment -

I am so grateful that God has blessed me with a few refreshing days in a row... that hasn't happened in a LONG time!

- On Friday I got everything done on my list of things to do (That's always refreshing for me!)
- Friday night I enjoyed a nice drive (except for the nausea part) up to McCall with my dear friend, Lindsay
- I had a wonderfully relaxing time at the CRU Fall Retreat, met some new people, heard from a great speaker, absolutely loved being in the mountains, and was so proud of Jake for speaking/sharing his testimony on Saturday night
- Sunday morning I slept in, did laundry & ironing, cleaned, and went to church (I love calm, slow-paced mornings...)
- Besides going to church, I just stayed HOME. What a rare blessing.
- This morning I got coffee with my friend, Kayla, and just enjoyed some good conversation. I love that girl!

I feel ready to take on the week... not because I have everything done that I need to or because I'm looking forward to spending another full day at school tomorrow or figuring out how/when to get my car fixed or buying plane tickets for upcoming trips or any of the other number of things that happen to be on my mind... I feel ready to take on the week because of enjoying a few days of refreshment and being reminded yet again that I do not have to have it all together. Okay, now take a deep breath and say that to yourself. ;-) We do not have to have it all together. Why do we think that we do? It is a complete lack of trust and surrender on my part when I try to figure it all out just to appear to be in control.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal." Isaiah 26:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment