Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, January 17, 2011

Thankful MONday...

This "Thankful Monday" is to make up for the many, many Thankful Thursdays that I've missed in the past however many weeks.


It's also to remind myself to be thankful when I would rather be grumpy. (that was the first word that came to mind - ha!)

It's ALSO to remind you to be thankful... because "an anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." (Proverbs 12:25) and "a cheerful heart has a continual feast" (Proverbs 15:15b) and it's "good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22). Amen and amen! Another one, just for good measure: "There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord" (Proverbs 21:30). He really is in control - over ALL things!
----------------------
1. I am SO thankful that the York family is coming back from vacation today! I miss them a lot... and living alone is only fun for about one day. It'll be nice to have some company again. :)

2. The sun came out! Finally! I think part of the reason that I felt so lethargic yesterday, besides the fact that I had two extremely late nights in a row, is that it was rainy and dark and COLD. What a relief to see the clouds break up, the beautiful blue sky peek through, and the sun shine brightly! I can handle the cold as long as the sun's out.

3. Relationships. I am SO grateful for the community of people that God has placed me in for this season. I love getting to know people and being intentional in building friendships. I miss my friendships from Teen Mania, too. We're now spread out all over the country - in their case, I'm thankful for skype to stay in touch with them! (and for weddings that bring us together!)

4. School starts tomorrow! My class schedule and finances are completely messed up (see post below), but there's nothing I can do about it today. I'll go to the registrar's office tomorrow and get everything situated. I should not be surprised at experiencing these "hiccups" to MY plan... rather, I need to constantly learn to trust the Lord in ALL things. His plans for me are good, even if they're not what I expect. I am looking forward to being in school again, though. That Christmas break is just FAR too long.

5. God's Grace. When will my FIRST inclination be to trust the Lord and not become so frazzled and want to quit? In my weakness, He is strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment