Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Classic.


I stayed with my grandparents last week for Christmas and came across the book Jane Eyre as I perused the bookshelf in the spare room. I couldn't remember if I already had it or not, (I didn't. I was thinking of Jane Austen's Emma, which I do already have.) but my Grandma said that I could bring it back with me.

I've been wanting to read this book because I heard the movie is coming out in March of this year! Pride and Prejudice is my favorite movie and I generally enjoy these "classic" stories, so I am very much looking forward to this movie coming out.

The plot does not particularly intrigue me, but I do enjoy the challenge of reading (and understanding!) the old english literature. I might just add, it is THOROUGHLY enjoyable to read a choice novel simply because I want to and literally have NOTHING else to do, and not because it is mandated by a professor. [just sayin']

Yesterday I read for a long while at my favorite coffee shop after visiting with a new friend... that really is one of my favorite things! All of those things are my favorites, actually: coffee, coffeeshops, reading & conversations with friends. I feel so peaceful, curled up on my bed with a warm blanket, a peanut butter cookie, and a classic novel by Charlotte Bronte. I've always loved to read, but I think this love is growing deeper and deeper!
(maybe I need more friends??! haha)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some of my favorite things too! One of my friends got me a collector's copy of Pride and Prejudice for Christmas so I may have to reread it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! If those are your favorite things, too... we should sit at a coffeeshop and read together sometime. haha :)

    ReplyDelete