Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Once my bed is made, then I'm ready to start the day... even if it's 2:00 in the afternoon

I'm really not a lazy person.

I'm not.

I am NOT lazy.

(Just reminding myself...)

But I do enjoy a day or two with little to no obligations and no people around to make me feel like I need to shower or do my dishes or brush my teeth. (don't worry, I did brush my teeth today. but there's nobody here to confirm that. I just felt like it was necessary.)

Besides, I may just LOOK slightly sluggish today because I'm still wearing my pajamas and my hair is a complete disaster (aka - reason why there are NO pictures in this post!) - and I didn't make my bed until 2:00 - BUT, I've listed 9 books to sell on half.com, cleaned, applied for some scholarships, filled out as much as I can on the FAFSA for next year... those are some pretty important tasks that I can check off my list! Productfully lazy? Hmm. My friend, Sarah, is coming over in an hour and a half and hopefully she'll take me to do something out of the house...

I just keep telling myself: only a few more days of this staying up late-reading for hours-sleeping in-craziness, next week it's back to school and back to a much more regular (and EARLIER) work schedule. All of this, I must confess, I am VERY much looking forward to.

God's doing a new thing. I trust that His plan is GOOD, so I will be patient and wait to see it unravel. There's no sense in rushing what I think my life is supposed to look like that I miss out on this day.

"This is the day the Lord has made; les us REJOICE and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry - I did wake up before 2:00... that's just when I got around to making my bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this time while you can!!! :) Words of wisdom from one who used to feel 'lazy' when I wasn't super-busy. Sometimes God provides seasons of rest, that doesn't mean you're being lazy...just obedient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - That's so very true.... thank you for the reminder! Busy, crazy lives do not equal success. How contrary this is to the way we normally think.

    ReplyDelete