Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, January 16, 2011

In a Moment.

Sometimes change comes slowly, with warning. Other times, something just comes barreling in where it is neither expected nor welcomed and compromises our comfort zone. You know that feeling... everything is going well, life moves along in a predictable sort of pattern, then BAM. It may not even be something drastic or huge, but it usually hits in just the right spot to throw you off.

There are a few specific things that effect me on a much deeper level than any other difficulties: car, finances, school. (I know that's pretty general.) It really comes down to the fact that I don't like to feel out of control. (Lord, help me!) I want to know that my car is reliable, my finances are in order, and I'm pushing through school successfully. If one of these things gets thrown off by whatever force it is that tends to barrel through our lives at the most inopportune moments... I sometimes lose it. Or at least feel like I want to lose it. For example, if I experience problems in situating classes and/or paying for school this semester, it makes me want to drop out all together and forget about it.

Okay, so that's not just an example I pulled out of a hat... I'm living it! I was dropped from two classes that I want/need to take and given a spanish class that I do NOT want... which only equals 10 credits. Tomorrow or Tuesday I need to go to the academic advising/registrar's offices and straighten all of this out.

It just served as a reminder that even if I feel like life is great and everything is in order, that doesn't mean that SOMETHING can't happen in a moment to create some chaos.

How do we prepare for these sneaky little hiccups in our well-planned lives? -- Trust in the Lord and not ____. [Fill in the blank.] Too often I rest assured in the comfortable circumstances of life, rather than fully resting in Jesus. Comfortable circumstances change all the time. Besides, who ever grew by living solely in COMFORT?

1 comment:

  1. But even though something can happen in a moment and create chaos, God's still got everything, including you, in His hands. And it looks like you've already reminded your self of that ... You're so great! :) I hope everything works out with your classes!

    ReplyDelete