Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, January 22, 2011

.Home Videos.Family.Remembering.

My aunt, Sebastiane, whom we affectionately call Auntie (I just recently found out that it's supposed to be Aunt-T... I'm still not sure why. But we'll stick with Auntie.), sent me this great little package a few days ago with pictures - recent and old, smarties candy, some very cool music, a book, and a DVD w/ two hours of home videos from when I was about 2 - 7 or 8.

I just sat down and watched the DVD and I don't think I've seen any of these videos before!!! It was VERY cool to see how my family interacted then. [I feel so reminiscent. :)] I miss my grandparent's house a lot - they've both passed away. We spent a LOT of time there. I remembered a lot of random, specific things as I watched the video: the clock, china hutch, furniture, picking raspberries in the yard, "swimming" in the hot tub, the slot machine, and so many others. That house is more familiar to me than I thought... I can recall the smell, the color of the carpet, the candy dish, my grandpa's delicious popcorn...

What good memories. :) It's only going to get better from here! I am so incredibly grateful for the blessing of friends and family. Thank God for putting specific people in our for specific reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment