Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here comes 2011, ready or not!

Are you ready for this year? Are you expecting anything in particular? Are you dreading it? Are you excited for it?

I have absolutely NO idea what 2011 will look like except that I'll be in school (not as much as I'd hoped) and I'll have a job watching two pretty awesome kiddos until school's out. Besides that... no clue. NO clue. I don't think I've ever had a more vague idea of what life would look like than I do right now. Completely... in the dark here. (Help??!)

This week I've been focusing my prayers on this. It's a question I don't think I've ever had to ask: How in the world am I supposed to fill my TIME?! I normally need counsel on what to cut OUT of my life because I'm too overloaded. Not this time. I only have class Tues/Wed/Thurs - and Wed is only at night! I am working a few more hours a week watching Channing and Gannon, which I am really excited about, but I still have waaaay too much free time. I don't want to waste time or be lazy. That makes me crazy.

I'm totally open here; I'm not necessarily looking for anything specific. (Well, I'm definitely not looking for anything specific because I don't even know what to start pursuing!) Should I focus on some sort of personal, spiritual growth? Should I get more involved in a particular ministry at The Pursuit?(my church) Should I look into getting another job?

I'm very glad I moved to Boise -

I do love it here...

but what is the purpose of this season?!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should find a man!
    :P

    Just Kidding Kailenie...I dunno what you should do...but I wanted to comment so you saw I read your blog. hehe

    -MrLay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Lay! Ah! You've never commented on my blog before... that's so funny. :-)

    Well I'll just get right on that and let you know how it goes... Robbie said I need to start going to Intervarsity (a campus ministry at BSU) so I can actually meet people. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should take some of the free time and travel! ... perhaps the East coast. :)

    Okay, so that might not be completely practical. I guess instead, I'll just pray that God shows you how He wants you to use your time. :) Love you, Kailene!

    ReplyDelete