Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reading, Hiking, Eating + Talking

It's my last week of Christmas break - finally!!! It feels like I've been on an unneccessarily long vacation!

Yesterday I woke up early to take a friend to work and then drank a hazelnut latte at Starbucks and read for 3 hours. I am quite content to sit in a comfy chair with a warm drink for an entire afternoon and immerse myself in a story. I started a Beverly Lewis book on Saturday afternoon and finished it yesterday... I need to remember this love of reading when I start classes next week, textbooks or not! This book was a refreshingly simple read after finishing Jane Eyre on Friday night.

Then I hiked upTable Rock with my good friend, Felicia. Table rock is great because it's only about 3 minutes outside of downtown, it's beautiful, and it's a fairly short hike. We talked the whole way up and down. It was really fun to do something different and get to know each other more.



It's a good thing I'm getting used to these constant below freezing temperatures!

After we hiked, I came home and video chatted with Heather Jane - I love her! Then Felicia came over for dinner and we talked for another 5 hours! I love when a friendship comes so naturally. Looking forward to life group tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment