Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, January 10, 2011

Confession.

I'd like to point out that in the last few posts (and many pages in my own journal) I've not completely trusted the Lord, or placed my life fully in His hands. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." I may SAY what I know to be true - that God is worthy of my trust and dependence, but my actions and thoughts, unfortunately, often don't follow suit. I plan for the future (whether it's tomorrow or 5 years from now) like it's all under MY control and up to me to sort out.

How easily we fall into pride!

This pride that says I must figure out my life and I must figure it out NOW. It says that if I don't find a husband myself, then I will not be noticed. It is pridefulness that pleads, "Hurry! Make some kind of plan!" All of that, just to appear "in control" and "on top of it."

Oh dear.

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18

I need to learn to be patient and wait for God's timing, allow Him to unravel His plan in due time and stop trying to force my own. Teach me to walk in humility, Lord, for I only answer to you... help me to stop seeking the approval of others.

Thank you, Sarah Lay, for reminding me of this yesterday...
whether you know you did or not! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment