Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wishful Thinking







Sometimes, when it's unbearably hot, I like to think about a time long ago when it was cold. Do you remember that time? It's easy to forget because my mind gets so foggy with all of this humidity. But there really was one day (or a few days) that was cold. In fact it was VERY cold this year. It was SO cold... we had a snow day. :)

I rarely had snow days back home in Portland, but when they came I was beyond excited! I'm pretty sure that nobody how old I get, I will ALWAYS be excited about snow days. No school, bundle up in half the clothes in my closet and spend the day outside with my brother and the neighbors throwing snowballs, sledding, building snowmen. I would sit in the living room at 6:00 in the morning just to see my school roll across the ticker tape that said "CANCELLED" - what a day!

Like I said, when it gets hot here, I like to think about the snow day that we had in February. There was SIX INCHES of snow on my porch!!! Class got out early that day and when I came home Heather, Emily and I went outside to play. We started out making a huge snowman... but, evidently, that was just too normal for us... we ended up making a Snow Dinosaur!!! It's probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. I thought I'd share it with you now, in the heart of summer, to remind you that someday it WILL get cold again... God bless that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment