Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reasons Why I'm Excited to Move...

1. Internet Access

2. Coffee Shops GALORE

3. Jamie York. My dear friend.

4. Mountains

5. I'll feel like a real college student. Sometimes I feel like I should still be in High School. But I'm 21 years old... I should be passed that phase. Is this normal?

6. I'll be far, far away from the blistering heat and swampy humidity that burns my face and keeps my lungs from working properly. It's rough down here in Texas.

7. Choices. Where I live... where I work...how I spend my time. Just another step toward adulthood. Not always fun or easy, but a part of growing up none the less.

8. A MUCH shorter drive to see my family. (i.e. my first Thanksgiving at home in 3 years!!!)

9. Settle into one place and not have to think about what I'm going to do "next year" - just live in the here and now.

10. Community - become involved in a church and meet people and live life together


*** Disclaimer: For those of you who don't know, if anybody even reads this lovely little blog, I officially decided to move to Idaho and go to school at Boise State. I am VERY much looking forward to this next phase of life... but in a day or two I'll probably make a post of all the reasons why I am NOT excited to move. It goes both ways, I guess. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I read this lovely little blog...and I'm so happy you have made your decision! Those are all great reasons to be excited and I'm sure you're going to love this next season in your life. We'll miss you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! That's encouraging! I will miss you, too. I already started thinking about my "Reasons Why I am NOT Excited to Move" list... you and your family are on it!

    ReplyDelete