Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sunday Naps.

I took a nap Sunday afternoon. It was wonderful. Sometimes naps are just the right sized mini vacation to relax your bones and your brain to feel refreshed. That's the good side of naps. There can be a bad side to them, though... They don't always end in the same state of "bliss." Have you ever taken one of those healthy/supposedly energizing 15-minute naps? They mostly just make me cranky that I was only able to lie down for 15 minutes. It never seems long enough! (It's likely that I will recant that statement when I become a mother... but for now, it stands.) Besides, it probably would take me the first 10 minutes just to quiet my mind and actually fall asleep!

But no, this nap was luxurious. I got home from church after running to the bank, car wash, and grocery store and I made myself a tasty little lunch. I picked up a book that I borrowed from my mom and as I read and ate I could feel the sleepiness settling in. It's almost as if you have to go through a checklist before you allow yourself to nap. You know what I mean... "If there anything else I should be doing right now? No... and I don't have to be anywhere for three WHOLE hours? That's awesome. Okay... FREE TO SLEEP!" Ahh. I felt so relaxed. I set the book down and curled up on the little couch in my room with no air conditioning and closed my eyes. I just love those slow-paced Summer Sunday afternoons. Glorious.

Encouragement for today... go... go take a nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment