Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reasons Why I'm NOT Excited to Move...

1. Heather, Emily & I will be in three different time zones. That's just... wow... I don't really want to think about that right now.

2. Chris and Sarah Lay - steady mentors/friends since I was an intern

3. Sam & Lisa Hasz (and kids!) - I have been incredibly blessed by their love & support. I feel apart of the family. Thank you!

4. I've grown to be comfortable in Texas. I didn't necessarily expect that to happen. But after 3 years of living here, I finally know my way around. :)

5. Leaving the protection of Teen Mania - housing/food/job all provided

6. Leaving the environment of Teen Mania Ministries

7. Choices - Yes, I'm fully aware that this was ALSO a reason why I AM excited to move... but I'm still in the beginning stages of learning how to go through that sometimes-sticky decision making process. And most times it's just downright hard. Most times I just wish that somebody else would tell me which car to buy or which job to apply for or how many hours I should work or when it's okay to choose sleep over studying. You know... all of those things that my mom used to help with. But now I'm 21. Have I mentioned how strange that is, being 21?!

8. Will I have climate-shock when I experience the many months of COLD in Boise?! I think that's a legitimate concern!

9. What if I don't make friends?! Just kidding. I know that I WILL make friends... but there will surely be that awkward first few months when I'm still in the process of actually building up friendships in a new place where I know all of ONE family. It will just take time.

10. I will miss my wonderful interns and awesome GI's in ATF Ops. I'll even miss ATF Ops, the department. I'm sure there will be many times next year when I wish I could just come back and HELP when it gets busy. I'll want to have my little office in the corner so that those stressed out GI's can come sit and cry and I'll want to make them coffee and feed them starburst candies and take them out to lunch and remind them to depend on the Lord's faithfulness because He is still in control... even through our many failures. Gosh, I love those moments.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, more excellent reasons to NOT be excited to move....I hear ya!

    Knowing that you'll leave this place seeking God and fully covered in prayer will give you a wonderful peace when the time comes. :)

    Thanks for adding us to your list! We're going to miss you too, for sure.

    ReplyDelete