Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Contentment.

I wish I were doing school this summer so I would have something more to fill my surprisingly free hours during the day.


I wish I lived in Jurassic Park again... I didn't think I would say that back in October when I still freaked out on the semi-rare occasion that I saw a cockroach. (okay, so I'd still freak out if I saw a cockroach... somethings I will never get used to) I just loved the serenity of living in the back forty. And I loved the fact that I only had one housemate and we kept the place very tidy.


I wish it were not so hot. I got a small sunburn yesterday at the TM car wash and now just standing outside makes my skin feel like its on fire.


I wish I knew where my license was... I hate when I lose things that are that important. :-/


I wish I had fruit and milk at home so I didn't have to go to the grocery store and spend money and drive without a license.


I wish I liked water. That would sure make it a lot easier to stay hydrated and energized this summer.


I wish I was a natural leader.


And I'm not even going to get into the whole "I wish I were married" conversation... I don't actually wish I were married. I am in a good season of growth. Vital to my singlehood. I'll accept it. But I just had to mention it in a blog on contentment...


The Apostle Paul says in Philippians, "I have learned to be content in ALL circumstances."


Lord, why does my heart feel so melancholy today? Teach me to be content in all circumstances, blessings, failures, shortcomings and wishes. Even when plans don't work out the way I hoped - big or small. Don't let those small discontentments creep in and discourage me. Remind me that my joy is found in YOU and only you. I will choose to stand upon the truth of your word and keep my eyes fixed on Jesus. Don't hold onto these worldly things that do not even matter in light of eternity... hold on to the One who's foundation is firm and arms are inviting.

2 comments:

  1. Good post, Kailene! Such true words...joy is found in HIM alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! You are such a faithful reader. I really appreciate all of your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete