Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, June 25, 2010

T.G.I.F.



This is going to be a RANDOM post -
consider yourself forewarned. :)



This random post is complete with a random picture of my brother and I eating In-N-Out Burgers in Redding, California. I really miss him a lot.



Do you remember watching the TGIF television shows on Friday night?! Those were the days! Boy Meets World... and I can't remember what else. But they were awesome.

It's just been a whole 4 days since I last posted... not that I haven't thought ABOUT posting, I just couldn't decide WHAT to post. I don't know if it's writer's block or just the strangeness of this week that has kept me from formulating a coherent sentence to share with you all. I'm just going to start typing and see what comes out. (that's bound to be exciting! ha!)

This is an update on my life since Monday:

1. I am now CPR/First Aid certified! I only did it because it's required to be a Team Leader on a mission trip with Global Expeditions. I am praying so hard that I never have to see a broken bone protruding from someone's skin. I really don't think I'll be able to handle that.

2. I received my financial aid info from Boise State!!! $5200 Pell Grant - that's half of the tuition for the year! And I'm working out the other half between my Dad and student loans. It's exciting to see these plans all come together. I know that the Lord will continue to provide a job... a home... friends.

3. As you can see in my previous post from Monday, this has been a week of hard-hitting reality. I have a week and a half until my Dallas mission trip, then only two weeks after my mission trip until the time my mom and I drive up to Idaho. It's such a strange, strange feeling.

4. I made BBQ chicken and corn on the cob for dinner last night - Heather made fun of it a little bit, because the BBQ sauce was carmelizing and looked a little funny (I don't blame her) - but I proved her wrong when it tasted DELICIOUS! Just call me the crazy cook - it may start out a little rocky, but the meal usually comes together in the end! It's okay. I'm learning. And I really CAN cook; I even enjoy it, too.

5. I quit my job at the Bed and Breakfast and put in my notice at Grace Community Church. Like I said, so little time left! It's all catching up to me! I will be very sad to leave the kids at church. And the awesome people that I get to work with. :(

Well, I suppose that's all of the rambling I'll do for now. I hope you have a wonderful FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it is all happening so fast! :) I'm so excited for this season in your life...it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete