Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, April 1, 2011

Summer is Coming!

The weather in Boise is AWESOME!!! I spent the day yesterday with Channing and Gannon and their two friends. We played basketball, soccer, had a picnic, watched a movie (we needed some down time in the afternoon... I sympathize with mothers everywhere when it comes to "play dates." I was mostly just the referee, problem solver, conflict manager, entertainer, and chef. Whew! Those four kids definitely kept me on my toes!), and finally went to the park. The walk to the park was a little longer than I thought and the sun was a little warmer than I thought... on the way back I ended up carrying Gannon's helmet and scooter and gave him a piggy back ride. He said, "Miss Kaween... my power's getting low." I think this is a sign that he watches too many super hero movies. I couldn't help but laugh. :-) They were exhausted - such a fun day!

I don't have to work today, but I got myself out of bed as early as I could to make sure to take advantage of the second (and last) sunny day! I found a comfy little chair at this great downtown coffeeshop, The District. It's new and I love it! I'm going to work on homework, phone calls for Extreme Life, reading, writing, whatever else I can think of. In a few hours I'm going to meet a group of friends from church at Table Rock for some hiking + climbing. I'll probably mostly just hike and climb very little, but that's okay. I'll be the one with the camera. :) I just want to be OUTSIDE... so I'm super excited for this adventure. Emily and Heather would be excited... we used to go on adventures in the Back 40 at Teen Mania all the time. In fact, that's how we spent my 21st birthday.

Even though I decided NOT to drive home and see my family this weekend, I'm still going to make good use of the last few days of spring break. That decision was hard, especially when my Dad texted me pictures of my brother and nephews playing basketball together... and then later said they watched old home videos... and had steak for dinner. Ah! I wish I could have been there. :-( I think it's hardest being so CLOSE, but still so FAR. It's a different kind of hard than when I lived in Texas... then it was just a given that I couldn't go home. Now it's just a quick 7-8 hour drive. I miss them!

My next decision is to figure out how to spend my summer. My current two options are: 1. Get a second job and work as much as possible to save as much money as possible. This is a very practical option considering how much I need to save! I don't have any particular job lined up... I would just apply anywhere and everywhere. I would still work for the Miller's - but I'd be getting paid less and have way fewer hours. 2. Raise $2000 ASAP and go on a mission trip with Global Expeditions as a Team Leader. I'd LOVE this. I could visit my friends in Texas (The Lay's, Crist's, Nicole + Andrew, Sam + Lisa Hasz, former interns of mine, etc). I love to travel. My TL training and CPR/First Aid certification expire after this summer, so I might as well utilize them.

Hmm. We'll see. Decision making is always an interesting process for me. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Both of those choices seem like such good options! Such a hard choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true... but I think I'm going to go with the "get a job and save money" option. Let me know if you have any job ideas!

    ReplyDelete