Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, April 28, 2011

This week in a nutshell...

Tomorrow's FRIDAY! Next week is "dead" week.
A week from tomorrow I'll be headed to the East Coast to visit Heather and Emily.
The week after that is finals week.
The week after that I'm going to Oregon.
... Bring on SUMMER!

Okay, that was a bit of a tangent. I got a little ahead of myself. This PAST week has been about 90823749872 times better than the 10 days prior to it. (basically, 10 "bad" days in a row... see my last few posts) By the end of this week I will have worked close to 40 hours, which is slightly insane - but great for pay day! School work has been less demanding. Well, either that or I just weeded out the least important tasks and chose sleep this week instead. Just depends on how you look at it. :) Speaking of sleep, I have gotten a TON of it this week! It's been pretty clear that after the last week of extreme exhaustion/being overwhelmed every single day, my body just needed to recuperate. Yesterday I took TWO naps. No joke. That is definitely not a normal occurance in my life, but I'm grateful for the two thirty minute chunks of shut eye I was so blessed with.

Another great part of this week: Channing, Gannon and I went to Krispy Kremes for donuts before school on Monday. They LOVE it because you can watch them make the donuts. It was a fun treat. :)


Also, on Monday afternoon we had a thunderstorm! I know that there have been deadly storms all throughout the southeast this week, so this is a touchy subject. Still, I really love storms. Weather just fascinates me in general. Gannon got a kick out of the storm; anticipating the thunder and trying not to blink so he wouldn't miss lightning. I thought this was pretty cute - their dog, Godiva, was shaking, so Gannon tried to calm her down. He's so great! :)

Since I went grocery shopping last weekend (finally!) and I've been watching the Miller kids everyday this week, I've had a lot of opportunity to COOK. I really love to cook. I haven't done a lot of it since I moved here... only once in a while... but I still love it. My favorite dishes from this week: delicious breakfast burrito  (eggs, ham, lettuce + cheese - nothing special, but it was GOOD!) and a strawberry/apple salad, obviously pictured below. It contained... well, whatever I could find in the fridge. Salads are so fun because they're healthy so you feel good about eating them and they're so easy!

All in all, it's been a better week. Still busy, but that's not necessarily bad. Everything I was overwhelmed with didn't disappear; I'm still enduring and pushing through, but God is good and oh my, I'm learning so much.

2 comments:

  1. No pasta in that meal plan? Haha just kidding ;-) I really enjoy reading your posts Kailene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, very funny. ;-) Pasta is definitely my specialty! It's always the "plan B" - haha. Thanks, Stephanie... I appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete