Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, April 18, 2011

"True Things" - A little vulnerability

Oh my. These past 4 days or so have been... well, difficult. They've been more difficult than normal "hard days." I love the way that God created my mind to work through struggles (sometimes) ... I start with the main issue and then just keep digging to find the root. I'm overwhelmed. But I'm overwhelmed because I'm not trusting God. Well, why am I not trusting Him? Because I've been believing lies. Oh. Shoot. I hate it when that happens.

... lies about who God is and who I am and what people think. I can identify the lies, but building up truth in my heart is quite the process to fight through. It really is a fight, too. Fighting for truth to reign in my life. I know the truth, but I need to BELIEVE it and LIVE it.

I heard a song this weekend by JJ Heller - one of my current favorite musicians. It's called "True Things." (You can listen to it on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8O_yjPngfw) The words in the song are simple, but powerful. How easy it is to find my identity in what I do or accomplish! That's not true at all. It's an interesting lesson to learn. Oh man... I feel like I'm learning 98234792837 lessons all at once! I just need grace. Speak to my heart, Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Such a good song! It's been on my favorites playlist for awhile now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, this whole identity stuff is hard. :/

    ReplyDelete