Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I know that this has been kind of a fading tradition as far as my BLOG goes... but I definitely do not want the attitude of thankfulness to fade from my life! I remembered that today is Thursday... I feel in the mood to write... and I have much to be grateful for.

> Sandy - she let me stay at her house while Jamie was out of town. I love that I have a place to go that feels just as comfortable as my own home.

> The fact that the weathermen are wrong... pretty much everyday. ;-) I thought it was supposed to rain today, but the sun is out, the sky is blue and it's just lovely. I parked my car at BSU and walked downtown to enjoy a few hours at one of my favorite coffeeshops before class. Now if only this weather would STAY sunny and warm so we can hike/climb at Table Rock on Saturday!

> Joy - It's from the Lord. Only HE can fill my heart so full with peace and joy when I have so many other things I could be thinking about. Last night as I drove home from class and sang (loudly) along with the radio, I recognized that the Lord provides joy for me when I need it. Even if it's just a 30 minute walk, listening to the radio in the car, or a good conversation with a friend... He knows just what my heart needs right when it needs it.

> I'm thankful that we can be in relationship with our Savior. That He speaks to us in so many different ways. That He gives wisdom and discernment to make decisions and the strength to step out in boldness. (As Sam Hasz asked me about a year and a half ago in Texas, "Are you a lion or a rabbit?!" Proverbs tells us to be bold like a lion.)

> I'm thankful for my Momma! She's just so great. I'm looking forward to our beach trip in May!

> I love being a part of such a faithful, committed body of believers at the Pursuit - in life group and serving in Extreme Life. I'm encouraged by you!

> Dreams, visions, goals, aspirations... it's so exciting to think about the future and dream about the BIG things that God can do! I don't want to live a mediocre, boring life. I want to be extreme.

> Lastly... I'm thankful for this tasty iced vanilla latte. I'd better start working on Extreme Life and get ready for class this afternoon. Thank you for reading and I hope that YOU are in encouraged to cultivate gratitude in your own heart. My core advisor at the Honor Academy taught me this valuable "skill" -- I started with just making lists of ANYTHING I could think of (my pillow, thunderstorms, the chance to take a nap, warm socks, etc.).

...When your mind is focused on the blessings, then there's no room for discontentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment