Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life as I know it...

It's been a whole TEN days since I last blogged. I have this theory that I tend to blog LEAST when my heart is confused or troubled. It just makes it more difficult to articulate what's actually happening in my life. I'm a pretty genuine, transparent person... so it's hard for me to hide those things, even in my lovely little blog. :) I've also noticed that when I am in such a long stretch of avoiding writing, I usually hit this point where my desire to write becomes increasingly strong. I love writing. This is something that God has put in me. How I communicate, learn, teach, share, process... it's from the Lord. It's probably not wise to run away from the things that God puts in you. Just a thought. :)



I write this as I sit in a cozy chair in one of my favorite coffee shops and enjoy a delicious hazelnut latte. (my drink of choice lately... I tend to stick with what I know) It's a beautiful day. Peaceful. Productive.



I left life group last night not feeling well and today I just feel a little lethargic... but I think it has more to do with stress and homesickness rather than actually being sick. Every few months or so I go through this homesickness funk... I haven't lived at home for three and a half years now (which is so weird.), but I just MISS mi familia. I want to go to the Olive Garden with my mom and chat with my grandparents and go down the river on the boat with my Dad and hang out with my way cool brother. I want to visit the Whiteheads and Yocums and Lindsay, Taylor, and Benita. I just miss HOME. :-( I'm assuming that this feeling is more intense this week because of stress... and the fact that my brother, Kyle is home right now, too! I could drive to Portland tomorrow night and drive back Saturday night. But 7ish hrs of driving at night by myself (and paying for gas) does not sound appealing. I think it might be wiser to just wait until school's out and go for a longer period of time. The problem is that I'm homesick NOW... so I'd rather just teleport myself there. :) I don't know... we'll see. It may be a last minute decision.



Some encouragement for YOU + for my own heart... "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 --> The peace of God will guard my heart. Teach me to live out this verse, Lord! Show me what it means to pray continually... to constantly surrender everything I am to You.

1 comment:

  1. Good and honest post, friend! I love that verse and think it is something we HAVE to cling too... it's a promise, too! BLESS YOU!

    ReplyDelete