Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Just Livin' the Dream..." -- Chris Lay

^ That's kinda how I feel today. Just livin' the dream. My former manager in ATF used to say that all the time. He probably still does, I'm just not there to hear it. It's rainy and gray outside, which definitely doesn't help change this lethargic - blah - feeling. (especially since I curled my hair this morning... then walked outside and it started to rain! Oh well.) Even though I'm a native Oregonian and extremely accustomed to days and days of rain, this weather just makes me want to curl up on the couch, eat soup, and read a good book.

So I'm just sitting in the Student Union Building on campus, determined to actually get some reading done for class today as yesterday was entirely unproductive in that realm. It's okay, though - I'm pretty sure my body was still partially recuperating from hardly sleeping last weekend. I was still pretty tired.

You know you live in Boise when as soon as the temperature hits 50 degrees people start wearing shorts. Are they crazy?! I realized today that I don't really care for spring. Yes flowers, life, Easter... it's all wonderful. But I don't like the "in between" phase. I either want it a foot of snow or sunshine and 85 degrees. In either case, I'd be outside - a snowman or the pool! :-)

Bad News: My brother, Kyle, isn't moving to Boise for the summer anymore. :( He's going up to Portland to take classes at PCC and possibly work for Nike. (If you know Kyle at ALL, you know that he would not pass up this opportunity... even for a chance to live with his favorite person - me. Lame!)

Good News: I am going to visit Heather & Emily (see photo on the ride side bar) in Virginia in just a month and a half! Heather is graduating from college (but not attending her ceremony) so we're going to celebrate! It's also the same weekend as the Baltimore ATF, so we may go to a little bit of the event. It'll be just like old times! We can go running together, cook extravagant meals/desserts, and - of course! - watch 24! I am SO excited that we actually have something set to see each other... otherwise I figured I'd have to wait until one of us got married. ;-)

--> PS: I think it's AWESOME that the three of us have kept up on our Monday night skype accountability. What a commitment. Thank you, Lord, for good friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love the beginning of this post: "Just livin' the dream" ... miss those days. :)
    And you might go to the Baltimore ATF???!!?? Ah, how much I wish I wasn't going to be working that entire weekend! How long are you going to be in VA? Perhaps we could get together for a short visit?
    Love you and miss you, Kaileney!

    ReplyDelete