Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, March 7, 2011

Living in the unexpected.

As a self-acclaimed rule-follower, I like the EXPECTED.
Today I am grateful for the UNexpected!
I thought that today would be not-so-great. I got 4 1/2 hours of sleep (which is almost unbearable, for me) and I'm trying to stay up to date with tests, speeches, group projects, and essays. It has been insane. (For those of you who know David Growden, I wanted to say "insane in the membrane" just then. Good times. haha) I've not been looking forward to this week... I just expected the WORST.
I know that there were people praying for peace + joy for me yesterday and today... and I am FEELING it. On Sunday I started to feel overwhelmed just thinking about facing this week and realizing how far behind I really was. It was the level of overwhelmed-ness where I can feel a difference in my breathing and anything and everything feels like the end of the world... which I display by crying. All the time. (Actually, I haven't been crying... it's just that extreme emotional feeling. Hard to explain.)
Sometimes joy is a discipline and peace something I have to be diligent to practice. Today, they are a gift. And I'm receiving them! I'm so grateful that my perspective took a 180 and I just DON'T feel stressed/worried/anxious. What a blessing.
Suddenly, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude rather than "things." I kept wanting to laugh at "the little things" going RIGHT: I finished writing my speech (a miracle in itself), I didn't have to give said speech today (Praise the Lord!), it snowed (didn't stick, but I like watching it fall nontheless), I finished my assignments that were due last night EARLY (before 11:45pm. hehe), oh yeah - and I found out that my brother, Kyle, is coming to BOISE to live with us (the York's and me) for the summer!!! I am BEYOND excited! Even without those things providing tidbits of joy sprinkled throughout the past 24 hours... it's been one of those days where I can SENSE the Holy Spirit providing joy for me when I was weak.

I'm so looking forward to life group tonight... I have another hour or so until I need to be there... but I really think I need to take a break from studying/homework/typing... so I'll find something else to do for an hour. And go to bed before 1:00 in the morning. Wow, I'm excited just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment