Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, March 17, 2011

In need of GRACE.

Have you ever had one of those moments - or days/weeks - where you find yourself frequently questioning, "What was I thinking?!" I realized today how often that question has gone through my mind - either subtly or with extreme force. and usually emotion. It's that "I can't believe I just did that" moment. Or the "what did I even DO today?" moment. My life recently has been filled with experiences like: leaving my headlights on while I'm in class and running the battery out in my car, leaving the car ON while I hop out to clear the back window of snow and shutting the locked door behind me (that one was a first! cell phone, wallet, KEYS... all in the running car), oversleeping - this morning I woke up to a phone call from Kerinda at 6:40 and I was supposed to BE THERE at 6:30 (that's one of my LEAST favorite feelings), and remembering an assignment due 10 minutes before I had to leave for class tonight. It's been just one thing after another of "what are you thinking?" moments.

First, I want to acknowledge the GRACE that Kerinda showed me when she saw I was slightly frazzled as I arrived to their house and texted me a few minutes after she left: "Don't worry at all about this morning. It happens to everyone. :)" She has no idea how much that gesture meant! I was already trying hard not to beat myself up over it, and to receive that was a serious reminder of grace.

Second, Well... I'm not even going to get into this whole matter of my ridiculous car issues. I spent the last 5 minutes of class tonight praying that I remembered to turn my lights off. I couldn't remember if I had or not and did not want to THINK about dealing with that again.

Third, studying. Ohhhh my, am I behind. This could be a result of many different things. Regardless of what caused it, something needs to change ASAP. It's like I've forgotten I'm a student... and the priority level suddenly decreased... I don't know who made that executive decision in my head! School IS a priority. Maybe spring break will help? Maybe I was just so burnt out after the craziness of midterm week? I don't know. But I'm going to set some goals/deadlines tonight and plan some coffeeshop time to meet them. It'll be great. Go team.

Whew. I feel better already. It helped just to write that all out. :)

*I know that I have also greatly neglected blogging lately, too... that's not because nothing has happened in my life to share. There is a LOT happening in my life actually. I have even logged on to blogger multiple times and just not been able to come up with a concise topic to write about. Maybe I've fallen out of my writer's block by now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it through the day, tomorrow will be better! It sounds very stressful :( I don't like that feeling either. I too have locked my keys in my car while it was running... so not fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the fact that you are constantly analyzing your heart and placing it before the throne of God. Test our hearts and know us Oh GOD!! i love you Kailene! in times of stress remember that He really is in control and bigger!! let your heart rest in Him :]

    ReplyDelete