Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rest in Me.

I was blessed with the day OFF today + I don't have class until 6:00 tonight. Praise the Lord!

I slept in, which was remarkable.

Then I did homework all morning.

My plan was to hike up to Table Rock and spend time with the Lord at the top. It was sprinkling when I left, but I already had my heart set on the hike, and let's be real: I'm an Oregonian. A little rain won't hurt me. ;-) Unfortunately... a little rain makes the foothills muddy, which resulted in the trail being closed. BUMMER. I was so psyched and ready to go.
:-( Luckily I read the sign to the right of the trail, or I would have been slippin' and sliddin' the whole way!

I wasn't going to let that get me down! I drove a few blocks to a park in the area and decided to walk the green belt. (The green belt is a path along the Boise river) I walked for an hour and then settled down by the river and opened my journal. I absolutely LOVE moments like that. So peaceful.

I had a couple specific things on my heart to pray for/think over. I received peace about both of them and the Lord gently reminded me of my need to simply rest in Him. To be with Him. To bask in His presence. I tend to get myself wound up over whatever may be happening in my life right now... so today's reminder to REST IN HIM, was just what I needed. The Lord is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment